Friday, September 11, 2015

Micro and Macro perspective in my life


The survival ship project we did really showed an accurate image of what we actually value about people and each other not only here, but almost everywhere in America. We place a value on each other based on health, social status, looks, youthfulness, and many other superficial characteristics.

We all see it every day in a macro prospective when we come to school. We don’t like to admit it, but we all actually judge each other of a daily basis. While it’s not as bad here in Langford like it is in bigger schools, it’s still happening here. We all have our own groups. We have the kids who play sports, the ones who spend more time with their trucks than their friends, the farm kids, the not so athletic smart kids, the quiet kids, and the strange kids. We mostly stay within our groups and while we’re still nice to them, we still avoid interaction with the other groups whether we admit it or not.

We also see it in micro prospective every day to. Take a look at your closest friends. How many of them share common interests with you? Do you play the same sport? Do you take the same classes? Do you share the same hobbies? I know this is true for me. Almost all of the friends I spend time with are like me. Some of them I have the same job as, some play volleyball with me, some play basketball with me, some are on my cheerleading squad, some like to shop like me, some share my sense of humor, I share something with all of them. Society has taught us to evaluate ourselves and each other and go with what we find the most in common with. Sometimes we conform to the group we want to be in, sometimes we just know where we belong. We are taught to stick to the known.

No comments:

Post a Comment